Prof. Jürgen Jasperneite heads the Fraunhofer IOSB-INA in Lemgo and is also a board member of the inIT. At the "OWL" he represents the field of computer networks with a focus on industrial communication. His research interests lie in the area of intelligent automation and networking for cyber-physical systems (CPS, IoT).
Topics for theses in the research group of Professor Jasperneite.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Jasperneite, born in 1964, established Fraunhofer IOSB-INA in Lemgo in 2009 and has been its director ever since. At the same time, he is a board member of the Institute for Industrial Information Technology (inIT) at OWL University of Applied Sciences. At the university, he represents the Computer Networks department in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering faculty.
He studied electrical engineering and received his doctorate in 2002 from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg with a thesis in the field of performance evaluation of real-time communication systems.
From 1988 - 1989, he worked as a development engineer at Robert Bosch GmbH in Berlin on the construction of a test mobile station for the GSM mobile communications standard, which was still being standardized at that time. From 1989 - 2005 he held various positions in the development department of Phoenix Contact GmbH, starting as an ASIC developer in the field of industrial communication technology and finally as development manager of the Automation Systems division.
In 2005, he followed the call to the newly established professorship for computer networks at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences in Lemgo. From 2007 - 2017, he was the institute director of the newly founded Institute for Industrial Information Technology ( inIT), which he founded together with four colleagues in early 2007.
In 2009, he founded Fraunhofer IOSB-INA in Lemgo, which was expanded between 2012 and 2016 to become Germany's first Fraunhofer application center with financial support from the state of NRW. In 2017, Fraunhofer IOSB-INA became the Institute for Industrial Automation. At the same time, a strategic cooperation with Bielefeld University was sealed.
Prof. Jasperneite has been an IEEE Senior Member since 2006, author/co-author of more than 250 publications, and is a member of numerous committees and program committees of national and international conferences. In 2008 he was awarded the OWL research prize.
Prof. Jasperneite is one of the initiators of the Centrum Industrial IT (CIIT), Germany's first science-to-business center in the field of industrial automation. Furthermore, he implemented the construction of a research and demonstration factory for Industry 4.0 technologies on the campus in Lemgo with the SmartFactoryOWL. Since the beginning of 2018, the IoT real lab LemGO Digital, which he designed, has been in operation as a reference platform for the digital transformation of medium-sized cities.
His current research interests are in the area of distributed real-time processing/communication for intelligent automation.
Jasperneite is a member of the board of the international PhD program "Intelligent Systems in Automation Technology (ISA)", a joint scientific institution of inIT and the University of Paderborn. Since 2017, he has been a "Senior Affiliate Scholar" at Stanford University in California.
- Evaluator in EU Horizon 2020 SME (2014 -)
- Vice chair IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Factory Automation (2012 - 2013)
- Secretary IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Factory Automation (2010 - 2012, 2014 - 2015)
- Co-Chair des Subcommittee on Industrial Communications in der IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- Fachredaktion der ATP (Automatisierungstechnische Praxis)
- VDI, VDI/VDE Gesellschaft Mess- und Automatisierungstechnik (GMA),
- Mitglied im Beirat der GMA (seit 2019)
- GMA-Fachausschuss 5.12 Echtzeitsysteme
- GMA-Fachausschuss 6.15 Zuverlässiger Betrieb Ethernet-basierter Bussysteme in der industriellen Automatisierung (Leitung)
- GMA-Fachausschuss 7.21 „Industrie 4.0“ - Begriffe, Referenzmodelle, Architekturkonzepte"
- Vorstandmitglied OWL-Maschinenbau (2011 -)
- Vorstandsvorsitzender des CENTRUM INDUSTRIAL IT CIIT e.V.
- Vorstandsmitglied des Innovation Campus Lemgo e.V. (2018- )
- stv. Sprecher der Fraunhofer-Allianz Embedded Systems (2014 - 2017)
- Mitglied TuLAUT (2014 -)
- Chairman of the PROFINET working group TC2/WG9 "Fieldbus Integration" (bis 7/2006)
- Plattform Industrie 4.0, AG 2 "Forschung & Innovation"
- ZVEI Industrie 4.0 Führungskreis (2014 -)
Programmkomitees/Reviewer der folgenden Tagungen:
- Kongress Wireless Technologies, (2003 -2010)
- IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA)
ETFA 2003, Aviero, Portugal
ETFA 2005, Catania, Italy, 19-22 September 2005
ETFA 2007, Patras, Greece, 25-28 September 2007," Session Co-Chair für den Track "Information Technologies in Automation"
ETFA 2008, Hamburg, Germany, 15-18 September 2008," Session Co-Chair für den Track "Information Technologies in Automation"
ETFA 2009, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 22-26 September 2009," PC-Member für den Track "Information Technologies in Automation", Industry Day Comitee Co-chair
ETFA 2010, Bilbao, Spain, PC-Member für den Track "Information Technologies in Automation", Special Session Chair "Dependable Wireless Networks", PC-Member für den Track "Information Technologies in Automation"
ETFA 2011, Toulouse, France, PC-Member für den Track " Industrial Communication Systems",
ETFA 2012, Krakow, Poland, PC-Member für den Track " Industrial Communication Systems", Special Session Co-chair "INTERNET OF THINGS TECHNOLOGIES FOR ADAPTABLE AND AGILE AUTOMATION SYSTEMS"
ETFA 2013, Cagliari, Italy, Track Co-chair " Information Technology in Automation"
ETFA 2014, Barcelona, Spain, Reviewer different tracks, Keynote Speaker
ETFA2015, Luxemburg, Special Session Organizer
ETFA2016, Berlin, General Co-Chair
ETFA2017, Cyprus, PC-Member of the Track " Industrial Communication Technologies and Systems"
ETFA2018, Turin, PC-Member of the Track " Industrial Communication Technologies and Systems", Session co-chair
ETFA2019, Zaragoza (Spain), Track co-chair of Track 2 - Industrial Communication Technologies and Systems
- IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS)
WFCS 2004, Wien, Austria,2004, PC Member
WFCS 2006, Torino, Italy, June 27-30, 2006, PC-Member
WFCS 2008, Dresden, May 20 -23, PC-Member, Industry Day and Panel Discussion Co-Chairmen
WFCS 2010, Nancy, France, May 18 -21, WIP Co-Chair
WFCS 2012, Lemgo/Detmold, Germany, May 21 - 24, General Co-Chair
WFCS 2015, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, May 27 - 29, PC-Member
WFCS 2016, Aveiro, Portugal, May 3 - 6, PC-Member
WFCS 2017, Trondheim, Norway, May 31 - June 2, PC-Member
WFCS 2018, Imperia, Italy, Jun 13 - June 15, PC-Member , Session co-chair
WFCS 2019, Sundsvall, Sweden, May 27 -29, PC-Member
- IFAC International Conference on Fieldbus Systems and their Applications (FET)
FET 2005, November 14-15, 2005, Puebla, Mexico
- Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON)
IECON 2006, November 7-10, 2006, Paris
IECON 2010, November 7-10 , 2010, Glendale, AZ, USA
IECON 2011, November 7- 10, 2011, Melbournce, Australia
IECON 2012, October 25- 28 October, 2012, Montreal, Canada
IECON 2013, November 10-13, 2013, Vienna, Austria
IECON 2016, October 23-27, 2016, Florence, Italy
- IEEE Industrial Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN)
INDIN 2007, July 23-26, 2007, Vienna, Austria
INDIN 2011, Lisboa, Portugal
INDIN 2016, Futuroscope, Poitiers, France
INDIN 2017, Emden, Germany
INDIN 2018, Porto, Portugal
- IEEE AFRICON Conference
AFRICON 2004, Botswana
AFRICON 2007, Namibia
- 12th International Conference on Telecommunications, ICT 2005
- special edition of the SAIEE Transactions "Towards Next Generation Communications"
- International IEEE Symposium on Precision Clock Synchronization for Measurement, Control and Communication
ISPCS 2008, Ann Abor, Michigan
ISPCS 2009, Brescia, Italy
ISPCS 2010, Durham, USA
ISPCS 2011, München, Germany
ISPCS 2012, San Francisco, USA
ISPCS 2013, Lemgo, Germany
- GI/GMA Workshop Echtzeit, Boppard
Software-intensive Verteilte Echtzeitsysteme 2009
Eingebettete Systeme 2010
Herausforderungen durch Echtzeitsysteme 2011
Kommunikation unter Echtzeitbedingungen 2012
Funktionale Sicherheit“ 2013
„Industrie 4.0 und Echtzeit” 2014
„Betriebssysteme und Echtzeit” 2015
„Internet der Dinge” 2016
- IEEE International Symposium in Industrial electronics
ISIE2010, Bari, Italy
- inIT/ifak Jahreskolloquium Kommunikation in der Automation, Tagungsleitung
- ICIT2011, Joint IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics (ICIT) & Southeastern Symposium on System Theory (SSST), Alabama, U.S.
- IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology
ICIT2012, Athen, Greece, 2012 , Programm co-chair
ICIT2017, Toronto, Canada, TPC member of the Track on Industrial Automation, Communication & Informatics
ICIT2018, Lyon, France, Reviewer
- International Science Conference Computer Networks, Ustron, Polan
- 32nd International Conference Information Systems Architecture and Technology ISAT 2011, Szklarska Poręba, Poland
- IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology & Applications
ISWTA 2012, Bandung, Indonesia
ISWTA 2013, Kuching, Malaysia
- I2MTC 2013, IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement, Technology , Minneapolis, MN
- IESIE 2013, IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Taipei, Taiwan
- DET 2014, 8th International Conference on Digital Enterprise Technology, International Scientific Committe, Germany
- IFAC 2014, 19th World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control, Cape Town, South Africa
- IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE 2015), Gothenburg, Sweden
- Fachbeirat Konferenz "Future Machinery" Industrie 4.0 – Zukunftsfähige Maschinenentwicklung, 2014
- embedded world Conference 2016, Nürnberg
- VDE-Kongress “Internet der Dinge” 2016, Mannheim
- 8th International Conference on Industrial Applications of Holonic and Multi-Agent Systems (HoloMAS2017), August 28-30, 2017, Lyon, France
- 1st Workshop on Efficient Real-time Data Network (ERDN2018), in conjunction with 39th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2018), PC member
- 27th International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems (RTNS 2019), Toulouse, France, November 6-8, 2019.
Reviewer für folgende Journale
- Proceedings of the IEEE, Special Issue "Industrial Communication Systems", June 2005
- The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking Computer Networks and ISDN Systems (Computer Networks), 2006
- IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement (2008,2010)
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (2008)
- IEEE Industrial Electronic Magazine (2012, 2014)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (regelmässig)
- ACM Computing Surveys (2010)
- AT Automatisierungstechnik (2011)
- IEEE Transactions on Computers (2012, 2013)
- Journal of Zhejiang University Science C (Computer & Electronics) (2012)
- International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing (2013)
- IEEE Communications Letters (2014)
- Energies — Open Access Energy Research, Engineering and Policy Journal (2014)
- Real-Time Systems, The International Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems, Springer (2016)
- Technovation, The International Journal of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Technology Management, Elsevier B.V (2016)
- Sonderfachgutachter der AiF (seit 2005)
- BMBF-Programm "Forschung an Fachhochschulen" (2008-2012, 2016)
- DFG-Programm "Förderung wissenschaftliche Infrastruktur" (2008)
- Programm AGIP Niedersachsen (2007)
- Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft (FFG) (2008, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- Förderlinie SparklingScience des BMWF, Österreich (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Indo German Science and Technology Centre (IGSTC) des BMBF und des DST (2013)
- Stiftung Rheinland-Pfalz für Innovation (2014)
- Programm ZAFH, Baden-Württemberg (2014, 2015)
- European Science Foundation (ESF) (2016)